Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Road Trip!

I am waiting by the door, bags packed, CDs ready (we are going into non-streaming territory)

We are setting out across the desert for Phoenix, to have Thanksgiving with Jonathan's mother.

It will be wonderful, and perhaps bittersweet. She is sick. So I think she will make it, she is so strong, but the fear she will not lingers in your mind--or at least mine. I have been through this. I know, just savor what you have. Everything.

We will drive out by the windmills of Palm Springs, we will stop at Hadley's for date shakes (yum!) and drive across the moonscape of desert that will be most of our drive. We will listen to Harry Potter, Dan Zanes, and a little music for me and Jonathan. We will talk about our lives and look at this amazing country that is the U.S. of A.

I love driving on big American highways. It still represents freedom. To drive out of town for an adventure, with the stereo blasting, music packed at your feet, and who knows what ahead of you.

At the other end, who knows? Taliesin, hot tubs, bargain shopping, margaritas, camelback, superstitino mountain? quiet? family drama?

But today will be wonderful.

To all those I love, and those I do not know who stop by for a minute: Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!

1 comment:

jecca said...

And to you too! I am home alone. Ruth on the school bus. Ian and Oriana collecting your parents from the airport. As we're not having Thanksgiving dinner till Saturday (it's not a holiday here) I have nothing to do. Fabulous! x