Monday, June 7, 2010

Zucchini Flowers



I guess one of my messages is that good food makes me happy. I can barely be friends with someone who does not love food. They do not have to love the same food I do. But if they do not love eating then I am wary, uncertain they have passions, or true loves. I know it is not fair, but there it is.

Here is some food that makes me happy. This is a picture of fried zucchini flowers. You can stuff zucchini flowers with mozzarella and fry them, or chop them up with spices and make a filling for tacos like the Mexicans, OR you can deep fry them in a light batter, sprinkle them with sea salt, and gobble them down as soon as they are cool enough to eat.

That is my favorite style. Light, salty, fried, summery. No matter how many I make they are gone in three minutes.

Afterwards I rub my belly, sip my prosecco, and I think, no matter what else happens, life is still a glorious thing.

1 comment:

Paige Orloff said...

Mmmmmmmm...and reminds me of your salt and peppery fried shrimp!