Friday, August 27, 2010

Say YES!

When you are in the middle of a mid-life crisis, when you have no idea what is coming next, when your profession is dead and you don't know what the future holds, you can see a therapist, a life coach, cry, laugh, whine--or you can just say YES! to whatever comes along.

I will do it all.

That is why I said YES when a friend who runs an improv theater asked me to participate in her upcoming show "My Bad!" on Sept. 11. (no, this is not a sick joke).

Am I crazy?

All the other performers are superbly trained improv actors, who either teach, act daily, or have been on TV. They are professional funny people.

Then there will be me, earnestly reading from my papers, nervously shuffling and muttering, as I read my deeply personal stories for strangers.

Perhaps I will be there to make the others look good. The ugly girl to make the beautiful girls look even better.

But I accept.

I am so lost, so at sea, so up for anything, how can I say no?

Bang, Sept. 11, 8 p.m..

My Bad.

No comments: