Wednesday, September 14, 2011

This One's For You, Ruth!

Here is the new do!

And another view!


Ruth, I hear the man in your life does not love your hair as much as I do. Well, the men in my life don't love my new short, sassy do either. But I did it for me! I cut my hair as a metaphor for change and a sign that things are going to be different and I embrace that--with my hair!!!

This was in the salon, the day it was cut, blown out and cute. I felt good.

Since then my hair has flipped out--it does not know what to do with itself. I look wacky and weird and have strange lumps after I sleep. Still, I am happy. And I saw your hair, and I like yours, too.

Across the ocean, we are receiving similar hair messages--cut it short, swing it around, be a sassy, smart woman.

You look cute, sweet niece. Send me another picture of you and I will post it here, on my blog!

New hair for a new life! That's my motto!

7 comments:

jecca said...

Love it. Will get Ruth to read it when she gets home from school. x

Ilaria said...

i hope i am not saying something i shud not about ian and hair. if so you can guide her around that part of the entry...x

Squid Pictures said...

I LOVE it. It's gorgeous and so are you. miss you. xoxoxo

Ilaria said...

hi squidly! i have SOO much to tell you, and i have a key for you. my blog has gone mostly silent (and i miss it) so we may have to actually see each other! and my hair has never looked that good again. just so you know.

Ilaria said...

hi squidly! i have SOO much to tell you, and i have a key for you. my blog has gone mostly silent (and i miss it) so we may have to actually see each other! and my hair has never looked that good again. just so you know.

jecca said...

She knows what he thinks but she loves it all the same. Cut mine again today too (always about 4 months after the style was last identifiable) and so far he's either not noticed or not wanted to comment!

K.D. said...

Are you the same woman as in your profile shot? Absolutely gorgeous. It's not just the hair -- it's the happiness.
That "new me" smile makes me want to become a hairstylist...