Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Things We Learn in Kindergarten--2009

I love Theo's school. I really do. I love his teachers, the constructivist approach, and I simply adore his principal. In this one year Theo has learned to read, to write, to draw, to sing slightly pushy, propagandist (but very cute) songs about the environment and recycling, and all the parts of a leaf and a flower. Success.

Still, sometimes I am surprised at the other things he learns.

Like this:

"Mommy we are not supposed to share with our friends. Someone might have an allergy."

OR

"Mommy we cannot talk about our play dates or our sleepovers or our birthday parties, because someone's feelings might get hurt."

OR

(Screaming) "Mommy! Do not use that paper!!!!! That is a tree!!!!"

2 comments:

Jen said...

fun fact: my high school art teacher, bob fulghum, wrote that book, "every thing i needed to know i learned in kindergarten"....

how are you all? would love to see you. xo

Ilaria said...

i cant believe that! of course, i do remember he is from seattle...
i miss you. are you around at all over the summer? could we try then?