Saturday, August 16, 2008

GLOBES


This is from an installation of globes at Crissy Field in San Francisco. There were about 30 globes decorated by artists, all intended to inspire us to take better care of the earth. I was inspired. There were roof top gardens and exhortations to just hang your laundry out to dry in the breeze. Requests to turn out your lights, ride your bike, turn off your computer, compost, and eat local veggies. To recycle, to plant a tree. Tomorrow I go to a composting party. I will work to make the world a better place. I will take my money out of money market accounts that support bad corporations that destroy the environment and people's lives. I will teach my boys to love the world and take care of it. I will plant trees, ride my bike, and do some eco-activisim in Nat's memory. I will compost!

No comments: