Saturday, September 27, 2008

I Love My Women

I am on the verge, on the precipice, about to send my book proposal out. It is good. It is powerful. I am amazed myself at how powerful it is. It was so powerful I had trouble cutting my women back. I showed my edited interviews to Jonathan and he thought they just went on and on and on. Perhaps that is my curse, as a journalist. I do find every little detail fascinating. I do find it fascinating how a husband's attitude towards his own mother in his childhood (being forced to eat cereal for dinner once his mother went back to work, for example) shapes how he believes and hopes his children will be raised. I realize I will have to cut. I need to sharpen these interviews so each can make ONE powerful point. But I love their narratives, their whole stories, and everything that brought them to where they are today. I think these women are sages, with so much wisdom to share. I want to use it all...

No comments: