Monday, July 13, 2009

Old Friends

Is there anything better than seeing an old friend? I mean an old, old friend, who knows all your stories, your dreams, where you came from and where you wanted to go. Someone who knows what makes you crazy, and knows what makes you happy, and could pick out a dress for you from two thousand miles away and it would be perfect? I mean someone who believes in you and knows you better than you know yourself sometimes and really really loves you and would do anything for you--who you have fought with and cried with and laughed with and written almost love letters to?

Is there anything better than that?

Because how many really great, really wonderful, old friends who have really known you forever do you really get in this life?

3 comments:

SQUIDLY said...

Funny that you wrote that. I was driving to work today and thought, if any money at all freed up or I could figure out how to use miles, I wanted to fly my friend Carol out to see me and my life in LBC. Just the other day, I had a meeting about something that sort of spun my head around and I even said to Steve, "I wish Carol was here, she'd know exactly how to organize my thoughts for me!"....

mitch said...

I picked up my friend Michelle at LAX yesterday-- curbside pick-up does not even happen with my in-laws anymore, but I could not waste any opportunity to have time and talk... that old girlfriend time is precious.

Ilaria said...

o you all DO know...squidly, fly that girlfriend out. it will make you soooo happy. i am still savoring my three precious hours alone with my friend. it changes everything!!! and mitch, lucky lucky you. hope to see you all both--my wonderful NEW friends, soon!