Monday, September 7, 2009

The Countdown is ON!

Five days until Alcatraz! I did what will probably be my final ocean swim today and I am ready. My neck is sore from swimming, and my back is thrown out from a night of too much drinking with a friend last Friday and an overnight on a lumpy pull out couch. But today, I came out of the water in Santa Monica, and I knew I was ready. It will be cold, so unpleasant to leap off the ferry into the frigid waters but I can do it. And I cannot wait to swim this race with my spectacular, wonderful, brave and inspiring Aunt Judy, who is doing this at 70! May I be so cool one day!

2 comments:

jecca said...

Our mini Hilary will be 32. We will book her in with her cool Aunt Hilary for Alcatraz 2039. Good luck!

Ilaria said...

i will swim with her! if i am not arthritic and senile, i pledge here on my blog that will live forever, that i will swim with oriana in 2039. or before. or with ruth. or with all the cousins. or with all the cousins and the brother.