Monday, December 14, 2009

Knights and Damsels



Behold the tiny fencers! Theo and Benji are to the far right. This was a local birthday party--with real knights who came and taught our children fencing and flirted with the mothers (fair damsels!)

The boys were fantastic, the knights even better. Every woman should know how to fence! Like the intellectual/swordswoman/whore of Venice in Dangerous Beauty -- one of my favorite movies at one point in my younger days. Another resolution for my 44th year: Learn to fence with handsome knights!

(We tried finger fencing in the kitchen that night and I jammed my fingers when sparring with Jonathan--a skilled and trained fencer. I violated rule # 2: do not fence without armor, or a judge)

2 comments:

jecca said...

I wanted fencing lessons for Christmas - your brother was very rude about it! Ruth and I think fencing would be lots of fun!

Ilaria said...

o, jessica, you have no idea! go rent dangerous beauty and book yourselves some lessons. it is dangerous, beautiful, graceful and fun. i think i may have a fencing birthday next year. i will invite you and ruth! and the handsome knights.