Thursday, December 3, 2009

Letters from Writers

I wish NANOWRIMO went on all year long just so I could keep getting inspiring letters from amazing writers. All through the month you get topical, practical, earthy tips from published writers of every genre--and I confess this year I had read not one of them.

Yesterday we got our final letter from writer Peter Carey. The letter was so wonderful, I printed it out to post beside my desk, and went off to visit his web site.

How had I not heard of this man, a two-time Booker Prize winner, an adventurous Australian, and a man who has traveled to Japan and written about its crazy culture (soulmate!!!!!)?

I spent a half hour ignoring my children and scouting out his works (he also has the coolest author web site that I have ever seen, complete with reviews, summaries and video promotions of the books, like small abstract tiny movies!)

Today I will go to the library to find Peter Carey. I love finding a new author, a new ouevre to dive into.

Have any of you discovered any fabulous new authors I should check out?

2 comments:

jecca said...

Don't! Just imagine he's wonderful!

Ilaria said...

is he awful? do you know that already?