Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I LOVE OBAMA

Just watched his speech at high volume, so I could hear over screaming children, and what can I say but I LOVE OBAMA! I love that he is doing what he said he would do. I love that he is laying out new goals, and visions, like we will find a cure for cancer, public schools need to offer an education to all that is thorough AND competitive, dropping out of high school is no longer acceptable, students need to finish at least one year of post high-school education. I loved that the Republicans tried to be negative sourpusses but eventually were so shamed by sitting down when Obama spoke about bringing the banks into line, and reducing the deficit, that even they stood up and applauded. I love that we have a smart president again, who speaks to me, and the people out here, not just his peers in Washington. And I love feeling like my country is in the hands of someone who is generally trying to do good in the world. I rejoice. I relax. I feel safer. I love Obama.

No comments: