Saturday, July 24, 2010

Calling All Book Lovers

In just days we head to the beach where I know I will get to curl up every afternoon for an hour or two and read.

Send me your book recommendations, dear friends, the books you just could not put down.

I am open to anything--fiction or non--, trashy or literate, short and light so you can toss it in a beach bag, or so fat and heavy you could knock yourself out if you fell asleep reading it.

On the list so far:

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
Che (in the middle of this massive and brilliant biography, but determined to get through)
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, by Stieg Larsson
Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis

Tell me, dear reader, what else?

4 comments:

Squidly said...

Last Days of Summer by Steve Kluger. You will laugh, you will cry, you will scream to the heavens when it is over wanting more. And it's just perfect beach reading... smart without having to think too much.

xoxo

Ilaria said...

i'm in!!! thank you!!!

jecca said...

I have been uninspired by much I've read recently, but have just started Restless by William Boyd and am loving it so far... but on chapter 2 or 3 I can hardly hope to tell you if it'll make you laugh or cry!

Jen said...

hi hilary! miss you....really would love to have coffee or something. lucky jim is one of my all-time faves. those hornet's nest books are totally fun. the book i've liked most over the last month or so is parrot and olivier in america -- think you'll really like...happy summer and much love! xo jen