Thursday, July 1, 2010

Life with Boys



What are you looking at?

Well, this is a Kenex flying machine, with motor, constructed by Theo. It flew too close to Benji's head (powered by Theo) and ended up getting tangled in Benji's hair, engine still running.

I was angry (the pain for Benji, the fury I felt at MORE crying, the slightly aggressive play by older brother imposed on younger brother) but when I saw the flying machine stuck in his hair like a giant's rat's nest, I could not help but burst into laughter.

I got it out without cutting. And three hours later Benji got it stuck in his own hair.

O Mamamia!

Do boys just have a self-destruct mode?

Please explain, fellow mothers of boys!

2 comments:

jecca said...

It's not just boys. We had a toy gerbil that lived in a plastic ball and ran around the house. A friend of Ruth's took it out and ran it over her head. It took ages to unknot her from the tiny wheels. Look how scarred Oriana's face is! It's just kids, really!

jecca said...

Let me tell you a story about a boy, and a girl, and a stick, and an ear, and a hippo!!! x