Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Alcatraz Training Session #1

I'm kicking it all into high gear. I dove into the pool today for my first adult fit swim session in a long, long while. I am promising myself I will swim once a week with the serious swimmers to get ready for Alcatraz. Ricardo (our coach) put me in the fast lane. Today kicked my ass. I made it through the whole hour, but my shoulders were cramping after 45 minutes.

We swam 2600 yards.

I will be ready for the sharks, the waves and the cold.

I can do it!

3 comments:

Jen said...

where are you swimming? would love to swim with you! chris and i swim t/th at 6 am -- join us! xo

Ilaria said...

omigosh! i would love to swim with you. i can't do 6 a.m. swim. partially because i can't get up that early--it is constitutionally impossible for me! and partially because i have to get the boys out the door.

the Y has a fit swim program m,w,fr from 12:30-1:30. it is a weird time, but a great workout. there is a coach that screams at you and everything!!!! just like college!
would you all ever come? so good to hear from you.

Jen said...

yes! Would love to come!!!! We just joined the y. We're at mammoth this week for spring break (want to come up???). But let's plan on Monday one week from Monday!!! Also any weekend---chris and I often go atlatc around 8.