Friday, April 17, 2009

Tonight I Raise A Glass...

to myself. I raise a glass to myself because I feel I need to be toasted, and I am in that place where as much as I wish someone would call me and toast me (or call me from the other room and toast me) I know it will not happen. So someone has to do it. And it might as well be me.

And so, dear Hilary, I toast you for all you have done this past week. For your fabulous brisket and your lemony lamb chops, for caring for your children and passing on the tools of journalism to the next generation of reporters in a mammoth university two hours away. For working out daily, for feeding your family and clothing them and loving them and soothing them and swimming and riding bikes and planting flowers with them. For trying to find your school a site, and trying to keep on writing. Keep at it, Girl!

Bottoms up!

3 comments:

SQUIDLY said...

As 1/2 of my people would say: Salute.

Have no idea what the Lithuanian 1/4 would say and I'm fairly certain the Amish/Pa Dutch 1/4 wouldn't raise a glass of anything but milk, but would honor you nonetheless with some shoo fly pie.

You are amazing Hilary and those of us who know you secretly wish to be a little more like you.

xoxoxo

jecca said...

In my awe I think of that as a pretty normal Hilary week... cheers to it not being!!!! Jx

Ilaria said...

thank you my dear friends for your messages of support. who would have thought a blog could have brought me so much joy, so much of a feeling that out there someone is listening. what a gift!

xo