Monday, April 13, 2009

Do You Love Them?

Like I love them?

OK, I admit it. I adore poppies. I love red poppies--the kind that coat Europe and that the Afghan hill tribes harvest to make Opium. I love wild pastel-colored poppies. And, now that I am a Californian, I love California poppies. I adore when they pop up alongside the highways, and turn the hillsides gold. To me they are magic.

You can't pick them. They die.

And you can't really capture them--not really--unless you are a painter and you mix the perfect color of orange, that shows the light shining through the petals.

But now you see, my blog is covered with California poppies--shot by my beloved on his iPhone.

What is the flower that makes your heart dance?

Is it irises? Peonies? Roses? Nasturtiums?

Tell me!

No comments: