Friday, January 7, 2011

A Little History

The following is excerpted from Time Magazine, 1938, about Guild Strikes:

Southern California journalism is dominated by two aged titans, William Randolph Hearst (Los Angeles Examiner and Herald and Express) and Harry Chandler (Los Angeles Times'). A lonely liberal voice in the midst of this die-hard desert is the little Hollywood Citizen-News, published by a pious progressive from Minnesota, Judge Harlan Guyant Palmer. Publisher Palmer likes the New Deal, dislikes the utilities.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,771095,00.html#ixzz1AO92Te4M

I love it. And I love the gorgeous art-deco building. I long to be inside it.

Let the tradition continue.

3 comments:

jecca said...

Is it true? Are you going to produce a community paper?

Squidly said...

Cool!!

Ilaria said...

I am trying, dear friends. I am getting out there these next two months. Hope to launch this spring. I am excited.