Thursday, January 20, 2011

You Heard It Here First!

Hello, Friends. I am announcing it here first, to my three loyal readers. I am going to start a community paper. I am modeling it on my friend's great product, and I think I can do it. I have been shadowing, thinking, procrastinating and learning for months. Now it is time to out myself and make myself accountable.

Much easier to say I am doing the marathon, than this.

Why?

Fear. Excitement. Desire. Caring too much.

I wish someone would write up a schedule for me, just like Hal Higby did for the marathon. Week one, do this Hilary. You may be feeling this, but move on. Week two, Up the Ante. You can skip one little task, but you have to do the big one. Week three, pull back. You are right on track, give yourself a little rest. Congratulations.

I am realizing. I always think it is the doing that matters. But I am realizing, it is the plan that matters even more. And planning is not my forte. OK, this is a procrastination effort in and of itself.

I am determined to do this.

Send me power, and wishes of success.

I want to write great stories, cover my forgotten neighborhood, train new young journalists, and advocate for what needs to be done. I also want to make some money, and I think I can.

Yes, you heard it here first!

5 comments:

jecca said...

Yeehah! I know you can. x

Squid Pictures said...

Brava!!!
Of COURSE you can do it!

xoxox

Ilaria said...

thank you, dear friends. from both of you, your encouragement and faith means the world to me. lisa, i hope i can hire you to use some of your phenomenal photos for paper. i want photography and art and design to be super important and your pictures -- especially garden photos--capture some of what i am looking for.

About Us said...

It will be GREAT! You can do it. You will do it!!!

Lani said...

I'm late to the party but I say, "Sugoi!". Keep us posted!